Episode 39 of the 10-Minute Teacher Show
From the Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis
Follow @coolcatteacher on Twitter
Today Eric Sheninger @E_Sheninger challenges us to move to the next level with digital technologies. We can’t use tech because it is “cool and new.” It must improve learning. If it doesn’t improve learning, why are we spending the money?
- Stream by clicking here.
- Download this episode to listen offline by right-clicking here and choosing “Save As.”
Subscribe to the Show
In today’s show, we’ll discuss:
- Why we need evidence that learning is improving
- Shifting assessment strategies that help students show what they understand
- Arguments for student (and teacher) portfolios of learning
- Why curriculum is no longer a valid argument against technology
- Encouragement for teachers who feel like an island of innovation with technology.
I hope you enjoy this episode with Eric!
Selected Links from this Episode
- Twitter handle: @E_Sheninger
- Blog: http://ericsheninger.com/
- For more on Portfolios See: Building Elementary Portfolios with SeeSaw
- Eric’s Book: Digital Leadership
- Eric’s Book: Uncommon Learning: Creating Schools that Work for Kids
- The Giveaway Contest for This Show
Eric is a Senior Fellow and Thought Leader on Digital Leadership with the International Center for Leadership in Education (ICLE). Prior to this he was the award-winning Principal at New Milford High School.
Under his leadership his school became a globally recognized model for innovative practices. Eric oversaw the successful implementation of several sustainable change initiatives that radically transformed the learning culture at his school while increasing achievement. He has emerged as an innovative leader, best selling author, and sought after speaker.
The post Eric Sheninger Talks About Digital Pedagogy That Improves Learning appeared first on Cool Cat Teacher Blog by Vicki Davis @coolcatteacher helping educators be excellent every day. Meow!
from Cool Cat Teacher BlogCool Cat Teacher Blog http://www.coolcatteacher.com/eric-sheninger-talks-digital-pedagogy-improves-learning/